Lately I have been getting back to my Art Journal and I have been in love! It is so great to get back to painting and creating without worrying about selling it (I have been doing a lot of craft fairs lately).
If you follow me on You Tube you probably have already seen my time lapse video of my journal page, but in case you didn’t here is the video:
I used a lot of material that I had on hand, which is fun to use what I have.
Materials: (affiliate links)
- Dylusions Journal: http://amzn.to/2xjf5EE
- Folk art metallic paints (color: Champagne, Blue Sapphire, Aquamarine, Ice Blue): http://amzn.to/2yoA8V8
- Finnabair Brushes: http://amzn.to/2wDYXtX
- Circle Stencil
- Autumn Leaves Clear Stamps, Swirls v:1 by Rhonna Farrer: http://amzn.to/2ynupyD
- Ranger Archival Ink: http://amzn.to/2hfamL0
- Clear acrylic block
- Hot air balloons from a magazine
- Tim Holtz chat stickers: http://amzn.to/2fBAgIZ
- Daler Rowney Matt Medium
- Faber Castel gelatos: http://amzn.to/2wtM9uX
- White acrylic paint
- Resin dot stickers (from the dollar store)
- Graphic pen: http://amzn.to/2ymn16N
- White gel pen: http://amzn.to/2wuBXlQ
I started with my Dylusions Creative Journal from Ranger. I love this journal it is big and the paper is thick and doesn’t warp when I add a lot of paint and mediums on it.
I painted light blue all over and while it was still wet I painted dark blue on then layered the champagne color on top. I didn’t blend it all together, but kept the colors a little separate with a little blending.
Completly dry that layer before going on to the next step. The back ground was nice but it needed more texture, so I stenciled in some circles using the dark blue and a teal color.
Once that was dry I stamped swirls on top with archival in . They don’t have to be perfect, in fact I think it all looks better when things are not exactly perfect.
While that is all drying I cut out some hot air balloons I found in a magazine and adhered them down with matt medium.
The journal page was starting to look better but it needed a little bling, so I added some resin dots I found at the dollar store and I added some great quotes from Tim Holtz Big Chat stickers. (I love these stickers!)
Then I splashed white acrylic paint on the page and then went around the edges of the balloons with a black gelato.
For the final touch I outlined major elements with a white gel pen.
Art Journal pages are so much fun!
What is your favorite journal to work in?