I have really been enjoying watercolors! This art journal was an experiment with a green galaxy rather than a pink or blue one. I really like the way it turned out!
Watercoloring is so freeing and expressive! I love that you can do so much with a watercolor and you can create some really cool textures and images with watercolors.
For this galaxy I wanted to use some yellows and greens and dark grays to create this galaxy. That bright yellow in the center is so fun and exactly what I was going for
I don’t have the skills to paint a whale, lol so I used this really cute whale I had in my stash, just the perfect touch for the journal page. I used a stencil from the Dollar Tree to create a mandala effect and i think it ties it all together
The last piece to the journal page was for me to add a quote. My handwriting is not the best, lol, but I really thought this quote was perfect for the page.
I really love how this all came together! Art journaling is becoming one of my favorite activities, I love that is is the perfect place to play and experiment with new techniques and ideas!
- Prima Marketing Watercolors Woodlands https://amzn.to/2PJGcAf
- Prima Marketing Watercolors Essence https://amzn.to/2No4WMu
- Prima Marketing Watercolors Classic https://amzn.to/2PFjRUe
- White acrylic paint https://amzn.to/2MAQ1T6
- Whale bookmarks https://amzn.to/2BR6xsT
- Black soot distress ink https://amzn.to/2PFRoxF
- White Uni-Ball Signo Gel Pen https://amzn.to/2BR9cD2
- Mandala Stencils https://amzn.to/2PHsrBO