My local art museum has an annual charity auction and this year I got to participate! The auction is actually in April, but I had to turn my mask in earlier than that, lol.
I really love the challenge of working on a mask, rather than a flat canvas. It was fun to see if my technique for creating landscapes could be translated to a mask, and I think it was a success!
I used a photo that I took of a sunrise over my local city as a reference photo. Here the photo I took, it is a few years old but I really love it and I thought it would be perfect for this project
The colors really spoke to me and I want to recreate it.
I found that the biggest challenge was to make sure everything stayed adhered to the mask while it dried. Since it is not a flat surface things had a tendency to slide, lol. But I was patient and everything worked out in the end.
This project has encouraged me to look at other object to apply fabric to. Nothing is safe from my fabric, lol
- Finnabair Red paint- https://amzn.to/2Po7omm
- Finnabair Brushes- https://amzn.to/2UlwBlj
- Finnabair Dabbing Brushes- https://amzn.to/2SuWWLS
- Finnabair Wax-https://amzn.to/2SzgiQ9
- Fabric Jelly Roll (similar)- https://amzn.to/2KZTG8W
- Liquietex Gloss gel- https://amzn.to/2Efu9rR
- Liquitex Heavy gel- https://amzn.to/2EkUTai
- Liquitex Super Heavy gel- https://amzn.to/2SwHC1n
- Black gesso- https://amzn.to/2SB1HDX
- Wood trees- https://amzn.to/2PiL0el
- Cork Shapes- https://amzn.to/2PnYqFY
- metal flowers (similar)- https://amzn.to/2Upd3wa