“You ain’t never had a friend like me!” That is exactly what I thought when I got the most recent Sisterhood of the Traveling Art journal in! The theme is friends and that song just popped into my head from Disney’s Aladdin.
I wanted to create a silhouette of Agrabah and have a sunset or sunrise behind the city.
In order to create some dimension and detail I added stars with a stencil and modeling paste before painting with acrylic paint.
I did trace the city from a cut out I had (this is because there was no way I could free hand the city, lol) then I painted it back.
For the final finishing touch I added rhinestones and blue pearls for additional dimension and interest.
I really love how this turned out! For me this was a fun take on the Friends theme, and I think I explore it more in my own journals.
Affiliate links to products used or similar ones:
- Modeling Paste https://amzn.to/2F7QoRL
- Silicone brush https://amzn.to/2SKGDvz
- Star Stencil https://amzn.to/2PLm2IG
- Folk Art Metallic Paint https://amzn.to/2PMPmys
- Finnabair Brushes https://amzn.to/2JK5j32
- Liquitex Black paint https://amzn.to/2F7mDR5
- Rhinestone stickers https://amzn.to/2QpKyME
- Blue Pearls https://amzn.to/2Dqrefy
- White Faber Castell brush pen https://amzn.to/2qsukqO