Christmas is almost here! In anticipation I created this Christmas Tree Mixed Media Canvas. I just love everything about the Christmas season and this canvas put me in the holiday spirit!
I did a video tutorial that goes over all the steps and I will try and describe what I did in the instructions below (but the video might be easier to follow along with all the steps, lol).
Materials: (Affiliate links)
- Canvas: http://amzn.to/2BaGRH
- Dina Wakley Stencil: http://amzn.to/2ySBrKY
- Liquitex Glass beads: http://amzn.to/2ySpaWR
- Artists Loft Paint: http://amzn.to/2zjU3qA
- Blue Mica Powder: http://amzn.to/2B9JVDc
- Deep Water Mica Powder: http://amzn.to/2yThMdN
- Finnabair silver wax: http://amzn.to/2jcRaz7
- Finnabair bronze wax: http://amzn.to/2yTtqFD
- Laser cut snowflakes (Similar): http://amzn.to/2jcRVYU
- Gel Sticks: http://amzn.to/2BtzMyk
- Gel Pen: http://amzn.to/2oC3Rsy
Start with an 11×14 canvas and cover it with old music. This is a great way to break up the background and start a canvas.
Now it is time to add color and texture. I used the Dina Wakley stencil and added glass beads to the bottom. Then I painted the sky with a few different blues and the snow with white. Don’t forget to paint the edges. for sparkle I added Mica powders and spread them out with water and let it drip to the bottom. Let this all dry before going on to the next step.
Then I used a gel stick to add color to the edges and smeared it in then I added a white line on top with a gel pen. This added dimension to the trees.
For the snowflakes I painted the wood cut out with liquid watercolors and then added some Finnabair wax on top. For the tree trunk I painted them with a Finnabair wax.
I glued it all on the canvas with hot glue then I added white splashes with watered down white acrylic paint. Seal it all with a spray sealer when you are done then hang it up and you decor is now complete!
What season or holiday should I do next for my next canvas?